[kata-dev] WIP/SoB checks

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 23 08:35:43 UTC 2020

Shinde, Archana M wrote:
> I have raised a PR in the kata-containers/kata-containers repository to
> use Github actions for performing the WIP and DCO checks.
> https://github.com/kata-containers/kata-containers/pull/438
> We can extend the approach to other repositories once this is merged and
> move away from Zuul.

Quick status update on this:

- The new GitHub-actions-powered WIP and SoB checks are in place in
kata-containers:master and seem to be working well.

- The Zuul-powered WIP/SoB checks are no longer "required" on any
repo/branch, and should soon stop running on new PRs.

- Archana posted PRs for adding the same actions to other repositories:
https://github.com/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+author%3Aamshinde+archived%3Afalse+actions

Next steps:

- The PRs adding the GitHub-actions-powered checks will need to be
backported to all branches. Most notably, it's missing from
kata-containers:2.0-dev and blocking any change from landing there right now

- Once in place the new GitHub-actions-powered WIP and SoB checks need
to be set to "Required" for all repo/branches so that we don't
accidentally merge PRs without DCO provided.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)