[kata-dev] added test target: kata-deploy

Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com
Wed Jan 8 23:03:02 UTC 2020

Hey ya’ll,

To aid in our release process and testing of kata-deploy (static builds of Kata artifacts), I created a GitHub Action workflow in the packaging repo.  Only admin’s in the packaging repository can kick this off.  Before kicking off of our CI, make sure you know what the PR in question is doing. We rely on our admins for being sane, and not testing or merging PRs that are crazy. Tests are kicked off by:

/test kata-deploy

You can see results @ https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/actions

This is optional at this point – in the future I’ll probably make it mandatory to pass if the PR is changing any of the kata-deploy files. We should really have an automated comment highlighting some of our /test targets, since we now have multiple… help wanted.

Heads up, in enabling this, I created a fork of a GitHub Action repo under the kata-containers organization: https://github.com/kata-containers/slash-command-action/ I think this is the best practice when dealing with any actions which may need sensitive environment variables (GITHUB_TOKEN in this case).

Let me know if you have feedback.  Thanks!

Eric