[kata-dev] Kata releases 1.11.0-alpha0, 1.10.1 and 1.9.5 available

Shinde, Archana M archana.m.shinde at intel.com
Tue Feb 25 23:32:08 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Kata alpha release 1.11.0-alpha0 is out.

With this alpha release, we introduced several features including support for kernel stable version 5.4.15.
We added support for ipv6 with integration tests added to verify ipv6 with Docker.

The "newstore" feature has been an experimental feature for a long time. This feature has now transitioned to a formal feature. The newstore feature guarantees better compatibility between different versions of Kata components.

We now support Firecracker version 0.20.0 and Cloud Hypervisor v0.5.x stable branch with this release.

Several improvements were made for rootless support including fixing rootless for net=none, leveraging the libcontainer API for rootless functionalities and supporting "--rootless" runtime flag.

Stable releases 1.10.1 and 1.9.5 are also available now.

Thanks,
Archana