[kata-dev] kata in non-baremetal environments

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 15:13:20 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 10:38:27AM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Ralf Haferkamp (rhafer at suse.com) wrote:

[...]

> That page is a bit out of date; I'd say that nesting is finally getting
> usable.
> Indeed if you follow the bugzilla links on there, the RH bz 1076294
> got duped in December to bz 1738741 which was marked verified a few
> weeks back.
>
> While I'd still suggest some caution with nesting, if you get all your
> hypervisors in a line it does work now.
>
> Testing of it varies a bit; e.g. there's quite a bit of kvm-on-kvm nest
> testing; there's probably less testing on the various KVM under
> other things nesting.

[...]

> > [0] https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Nested_Guests

As an addendum to what Dave wrote, yes, the above page will be retired
in favor of this in-progress draft (once I address all the feedback,
then it'll be ready for merge in the upstream kernel documentation)
about nested virt:

    https://marc.info/?l=kvm&m=158108941605311&w=2
    https://marc.info/?t=158108958800002&r=1&w=2

[...]