[kata-dev] Arch Committee Election: Q&A period open!

Dr. David Alan Gilbert dgilbert at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 13:30:47 UTC 2020

* Whaley, Graham (graham.whaley at intel.com) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have three candidate submissions for the Architecture Committee election, where we have two seats available. Thus, we shall enter the Q&A and subsequently the voting phases.
> Candidates names and links to their github submissions are below.
>
> The next period (Feb13-23rd) is for asking questions to candidates via this mailing list; it's an opportunity to get familiar with the perspective they would bring as an Arch Committee member before voting opens on the 24th.
>
> To kick off the Q&A, I shall ask to the candidates:
>   Q. What is the most important thing (be it an integration, a particular feature, adopting a policy, etc) Kata Containers needs to achieve in the next year and how should we get there?

I think it's important for Kata to become easy to use by those who are
already familiar with containers, and just want to flip on the extra
protection.   That means we need to provide them some easily
understandable idea of the overhead, and make it easy for them to debug
problems.   These users might be those who have a different focus
and aren't necessarily large cloud admins.

Dave

Dr. David Alan Gilbert / dgilbert at redhat.com / Manchester, UK