[kata-dev] Kata Architecture Committee candidacy for Xu Wang

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Wed Feb 12 13:20:56 UTC 2020

Name: Xu Wang

Email: xu at hyper.sh, gnawux at antfin.com

Background:

I am a senior staff engineer of Ant Financial, a related company of Alibaba Group (BABA). I am leading
the secure container development team in Ant Financial currently and working for the Cloud-Native
open-source of Alibaba as a member of the Ali Open Source TOC. Our team has been working on not only
contributing upstream, but also deploying Kata Containers in the productions since we joined Ant Financial.

Before joining Ant Financial, Our team, the hyper.sh, had been kept contributing to Kata Containers
and related communities since day 0 of Kata. It was my great honor to involve the creating of the
Kata Containers project and became an initial member of the Architecture Committee together with Samual Ortiz.

In the past months, we celebrated the two year anniversary of Kata. Look back at the past two years, we have
improved the isolation in the container world at the expense of some overhead. We believe the container world
needs a better isolation solution without hurts on the application-centric nature of Cloud-Native. In 2020,
I expect we could developing the virtualization technologies for Cloud Native in the 2.0 development cycle.

--
Xu Wang (@gnawux)
Senior Staff Engineer at Ant Financial