[kata-dev] Need your help in labeling the kata issue backlog

Ariel Adam aadam at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 06:46:14 UTC 2020

Hi everyone.
Following the discussion on labeling the backlog of kata issues we have
using "area/*" labels, we need your help :-).

On the weekly backlog issue meetings we continue to go over issues with
"needs-review" labels and mark them with "area/*" labels. Problem is that
we cover around 20 issues on average every meeting and since that's about
the amount of issues opened every week our progress is slow.

If we look at the overall issues we have opened this year that don't have
"area/*" labels we are at 329 issues:

https://github.com/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+org%3Akata-containers+created%3A%3E2020-01-01+-linked%3Apr+sort%3Acreated-asc+-label%3Aarea%2Fci+-label%3Aarea%2Fdocumentation+-label%3Aarea%2Fpackaging+-label%3Aarea%2Fapi+-label%3Aarea%2Fconfig+-label%3Aarea%2Flogging+-label%3Aarea%2Fnetworking+-label%3Aarea%2Fperformance+-label%3Aarea%2Fstorage+-label%3Aarea%2Ftracing

We would appreciate if each of you could take a few minutes to review the
subset of issues you opened or are assigned to you and label them
(area/api, area/cli, area/config, area/documentation, area/logging,
area/networking, area/performance, area/storage, area/tracing,
area/packaging etc...). Once we have those labels we can finally move to a
dashboard showing categories of issues which should help everyone focus on
topics that fit their expertise.

If you have any problems adding labels let us know and we will help you.

Thanks.