[kata-dev] Port forwarding support

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Mon Aug 31 07:02:14 UTC 2020

Thanks for raising this again, Ian.

It's appreciated that you may file the new issue. @bergwolf has replied it and here is
the link of the original proposal as the link in the original post has been unavailable now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G3I1fFxVb9GKR9s1U05FDkcUsaLMkfq4/view?usp=sharing

Cheers!

Xu

From:Ian Lewis via kata-dev <kata-dev at lists.katacontainers.io>
Send Time:2020年8月31日(星期一) 08:08
To:kata-dev <kata-dev at lists.katacontainers.io>
Subject:[kata-dev] Port forwarding support

Hi kata folks,

I have been looking into supporting port-forward in Kubernetes for gVisor and want to make sure that the solution is not too runtime specific. I have seen issue #697. Is this still an issue for Kata?

I've written some ideas in an issue in the Kubernetes enhancements repo. I'd appreciate it if folks from the Kata team could comment on the pros and cons and whether these ideas would work for Kata as well.

After that, my thought is to get on the agenda and discuss at a sig-node meeting, ideally when folks from Kata could be present as well.

Cheers,
Ian

--

	Ian Lewis |	 Developer Advocate |	ianlewis at google.com |	 +81 (03)4540-2465