[kata-dev] gogo/protobuf issues

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Wed Aug 12 07:21:49 UTC 2020

Thank you, Fabiano.

I discussed this with Fupan hours ago. It seems that the golang/protobuf introduced an incompatible change in 1.4.x and kubernetes updated to the version in 1.9.0-beta.

As both containerd and CRI-O vendor kubernetes, I believe both the projects will eventually shift the broken change. And I agree that we should update all of them eventually.

The problem we faced is whether or when to update it.