[kata-dev] how much does kata depend on kernel features?

Whaley, Graham graham.whaley at intel.com
Thu Apr 2 10:11:02 UTC 2020

OOI Ilya, is there a particular reason you are using Kata for this, and not using just vanilla VMs?
I think adding Kata to the mix is going to make your life significantly harder - it is/was not designed to 'just work' on any kernel without specific features etc., as you are finding.
If there is a specific reason to use Kata, fine, great - but we'd probably be interested to hear it 😉
If not, then your life might get significantly easier if you switch to using plain QEMU (and if your apps are in containers, then having docker installed on the client you run under vanilla QEMU etc.).

 Graham

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47