[kata-dev] Kata release 1.8.2 / 1.9.0-alpha2

Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com
Thu Sep 19 17:29:00 UTC 2019

Folks,

We have updated stable-1.8 to 1.8.2, and now have an alpha2 release for 1.9.0 on master. This includes updates to fix DinD usage in Kata Containers, as well as a kernel update to include latest security fixes. See [1] and [2].

We are still working on adding virtio-fs 0.3 support to the master branch (1.9.0-alpha*) – this is expected in either alpha3 or the initial RC (should be ready on master early next week). This will be enabled through ‘configuration-qemu-virtiofs.toml’, and will utilize a virtiofs specific QEMU and vmlinuz.  The kernel and VMM are available today, but we are still testing the runtime changes [3] against these.

A reminder that NEMU is going to be deprecated come 1.10. Further, once we have the virtio-fs 0.3 released, we will likely drop the virtio-fs VMM patches from our NEMU configuration, and suggest that users just use the qemu-virtiofs VMM.

Enjoy.

-Eric

[1] - https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/releases/tag/1.8.2
[2] - https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/releases/tag/1.9.0-alpha2