[kata-dev] shares mount options

Quirin Gylstorff quirin.gylstorff at siemens.com
Thu Sep 12 14:07:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a question to the kata mount rules.

We are currently looking into possiblities to avoid using privileged
docker container in our ci/build system[1]. Currently we are looking
into kata-containers.
Our build system uses debootstrap to generate a new root file system
and needs therefore a file system mounted with the possibility to create
new devices. In the current implementation of kata-containers all shares
have the nodev option activated, e.g.:

none on /data type virtio_fs
(rw,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,dax)

Are there any plans to allow the configuration of the mount rules?
 From the code the options look hardcoded.
Or is there already a way to allow this?

Thanks,
Quirin

[1] https://github.com/ilbers/isar