[kata-dev] Kata release 1.9.0

Fuentes, Salvador salvador.fuentes at intel.com
Sat Oct 26 00:07:32 UTC 2019

Hey Kata folks,

We have just released the version 1.9.0[1] of Kata Containers, which includes:

- Support for Firecracker 0.18.0, including support for virtio-vsock(https://github.com/firecracker-microvm/firecracker/blob/master/docs/vsock.md)
- Support for OCI annotations allowing per pod custom configurations. With this, it is now possible to customize cpus, memory, kernel parameters, etc. on a per pod basis.
- Experimental support for virtio-fs v0.3 with qemu, with nemu being deprecated.
- Initial support for rootless Kata with podman.
- Experimental support for ACRN hypervisor. (https://projectacrn.org/)
- Configuration support to use pod cgroups alone, skipping cgroup creation for each container in a pod.

OBS packages for your distro can be found on [2].

With this release, we are no longer providing fixes for stable-1.7.

[1] https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/releases/tag/1.9.0
[2] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/katacontainers:/releases:/x86_64:/stable-1.9/

Thanks,
Salvador Fuentes.