[kata-dev] Feedback on Airship, an OSF pilot project

Claire Massey claire at openstack.org
Wed Oct 16 19:03:38 UTC 2019

Hi Kata community and AC members,

The Airship project will start its confirmation process with the OSF Board of Directors at the Board meeting[1] Tuesday next week, October 22. A draft of the slide deck[2] they plan to present is available for reference.

Per the confirmation guidelines[3], the OSF Board of directors will take into account the feedback from representative bodies of existing confirmed Open Infrastructure Projects (OpenStack, Zuul and Kata) when evaluating Airship for confirmation.

Particularly worth calling out, guideline #4 "Open collaboration"
asserts the following:

    Project behaves as a good neighbor to other confirmed and pilot projects.

If you (our community at large, not just AC members) have any observations/interactions with the Airship project which could serve as useful examples for how these projects do or do not meet this and other guidelines, please provide them on the etherpad[4] ASAP. If possible, include a citation with links to substantiate your feedback.

I will assemble this feedback and send it for the Board consideration before the meeting next Tuesday.

Thanks,
Claire

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2019-October/002800.html
[2] https://www.airshipit.org/collateral/AirshipConfirmation-Review-for-the-OSF-Board.pdf