[kata-dev] About Kata 1.6 and 1.7 release plan ?

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Sun Mar 17 01:59:38 UTC 2019

Hi Qixuan,

Kata 1.6 is going to be released in later this month (hope to be next
week), and I think it is a stabler v1.5 and could be used in production.

In 1.7, I expect we could have virtio-fs as an experimental feature, which
will help us to solve the storage issue from the beginning. Nemu support
will get more improvements in 1.7 and qemu-lite may be deprecated.

In each release, we have many fixes and enhancements, it is appreciated if
you may watch on the changes on our github repo.

One more thing about gVisor -- we have good relation with gVisor developers
and believe we are good at different scenarios, and they do not
compete with each other in most cases.

Cheers!

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:26 AM Qixuan Wu <qixuan.wu at linux.alibaba.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now we are trying to use Kata or some other solution, like gvisor. So
> maybe I have some information about the release plan for Kata 1.6 and
> 1.7 about when and some big features possible to be merged ?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Qixuan

Xu Wang
CTO & Cofounder, Hyper