[kata-dev] Feature: mounting block devices in the guest VM

Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com
Wed Jun 12 15:24:12 UTC 2019

Virt-kats –

We’ve discussed this a few times, but haven’t been able to land any PRs. See the following (duplicate) issues that highlight feature request:

  *   https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/571
  *   https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/881

Listening to folks using or seeking to use Kata in production, it seems this is a desired use case, and that we should be able to propose enabling as a non-default configurable option.

See the following PR in agent/runtime from zklei:

  *   https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/pull/882
  *   https://github.com/kata-containers/agent/pull/407

Zklei dropped off face of Kata-earth, and I would like to see if we can:

  1.  agree upon the feature definition and its addition, and
  2.  find someone to pick the implementation of this feature up.

Feedback? Zhang Wei, anyone at Huawei still working on this feature?

Thanks,
Eric