[kata-dev] virtio-fs + VM Templating

Mahalingam, Ganesh ganesh.mahalingam at intel.com
Mon Jun 3 23:18:28 UTC 2019

Peng, Stefan,
While working on enabling virtio-fs on Kata there was a small confusion on whether virtio-fs can work with VM Templating. With the current setup of kata, VM templating and virtio-fs are mutually exclusive (VM templating is enabled in qemu-lite and virtio-fs currently only with NEMU), but they will converge very soon.

An open question we had was, would they both work with each other given that VM templating turns off memory sharing for all VMs other than the first one and virtio-fs expects guest memory be shared & file-backed for all VMs. Can both these features to be enabled in kata at the same time and if so, what are we missing to get to that end point?

I will open a bug once we know what needs to be worked on to make this happen.

--
Ganesh