[kata-dev] force push on runtime's stable-1.7 branch

eric.ernst at intel.com eric.ernst at intel.com
Mon Jun 3 20:29:20 UTC 2019

Hey ya'll,

Hope you aren't sick of all the ML traffic I'm generating today. In case
you aren't, I wanted to bring to your attention that I just did a force
push to kata-containers/runtime's stable-1.7 branch.

TL;DR - sorry about that, it shouldn't happen again.

Details:
 In the 1.7 release, we started making use of alpha
releases (on master), followed by an RC (branch to stable-1.7), followed
by the final cut (expected to be from stable-1.7).  Unfortunately,
the actual reelase came from master branch rather than on top of the
stable-1.7 branch, where the RC was based off of. As a result, the tag
sat on master, and the basis of stable-1.7 and 1.7.0 were different.

I did a force push to set stable-1.7 to the tag 1.7.0 (matching what was
actually released), and we will continue backporting and maintaining
like normal from the stable-1.7 branch.

-Eric