[kata-dev] Release cadence - propose to slow cadence?

Singh, Arun Kumar arun.kumar.singh at intel.com
Thu Jul 25 06:30:00 UTC 2019

Great!

Regards,
Arun

From: Wei Zhang [mailto:weizhang555.zw at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:22 AM
To: Ernst, Eric <eric.ernst at intel.com>
Cc: kata-dev at lists.katacontainers.io
Subject: Re: [kata-dev] Release cadence - propose to slow cadence?

+1 on this.

在 2019年7月25日,上午7:03,Ernst, Eric <eric.ernst at intel.com<mailto:eric.ernst at intel.com>> 写道:

Hey ya’ll,

Today, we are running on a time based release schedule, making a minor release every 6 weeks, with stable releases made ever other week (with possibility of faster stable releases if issues are identified).  This was necessary as the project started, but as Kata matures, this adds unnecessary burden on release process of project infra folks as well as a shorter window of support for the stable branches for user.

I’d like to propose we slow the cadence, to every 3 weeks for stable and 12 weeks for major/minor. TBH, I just made that cadence up as a starting point and would like feedback, folks!

WDYT?  Proposals/suggestions?

I’d like input from folks active in the community, and especially from end-users.

Thanks,
Eric