[kata-dev] KSM user? - memory footprint regression

Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com
Sat Jul 20 18:24:53 UTC 2019

Xu, you have input on KSM usage? Yuntong?

--Eric

On 7/17/19, 10:23 AM, "Montes, Julio" <julio.montes at intel.com> wrote:

    Hi Kata-folks

    I have raised a pull request to enable some security features in the
    guest kernel https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/pull/639 .
    This change will impact in the memory consumption because of the kernel
    memory randomization. In the case of no-KSM the difference is ~2MB and
    I think it's a price that we can pay. But for KSM the difference is
    ~36MB. I would like to know what do you think about this change.

    Is KSM a feature that should be still considered?

    Do you have enabled KSM in your cluster?

    Thanks

    --
    Julio