[kata-dev] KSM user? - memory footprint regression

Montes, Julio julio.montes at intel.com
Wed Jul 17 15:22:43 UTC 2019

Hi Kata-folks

I have raised a pull request to enable some security features in the
guest kernel https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/pull/639 .
This change will impact in the memory consumption because of the kernel
memory randomization. In the case of no-KSM the difference is ~2MB and
I think it's a price that we can pay. But for KSM the difference is
~36MB. I would like to know what do you think about this change.

Is KSM a feature that should be still considered?

Do you have enabled KSM in your cluster?

Thanks

--
Julio