[kata-dev] Kata Containers 1.8.0-rc0, 1.7.3 and 1.6.7

Venegas Munoz, Jose Carlos jose.carlos.venegas.munoz at intel.com
Fri Jul 5 16:14:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

Welcome to a new release biweekly update.

For this cycle we have updated 2 stable branches and created a new branch for the next stable release.

*        1.8.0-rc0

With this release we reached apoint where not more features will be added to 1.8.0 and for now we will
focus on improve stability releases. This means that following release candidate releases should
be better and better in stablity until we consider is stable enough to release 1.8.0

What is new in kata 1.8.0 ?

- Inital work for ACRN hypervisor
- Enable hot-add nic on arm64
- Now Kata is compatible with firecracker 0.17.0
- General kernel updates to 4.19.x fix CVE issues
- Update qemu version to 4.0.0, now qemu is our default hypervisor ( qemu-lite now is deprecated )

*        Stable 1.6 and 1.7 got kernel updates to fix CVEs

Thank you all for your contributions!