[kata-dev] PullApprove future

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 8 17:16:44 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-08 16:56:32 +0000 (+0000), Whaley, Graham wrote:
[...]
> Thanks Jeremy - do you have a quick link to the Zuul features and
> configuration, such as checking For signed off by's, keyword
> matching for merge blocking, gathering ack's before merge etc.?
> Right now for kata, all this would have to work seamlessly through
> github, as that is really the core goto place for the kata
> workflow. I can then add Zuul to the wiki page as an option.

The current pipeline triggers available for Zuul's GitHub connection
driver are documented at
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/admin/drivers/github.html#trigger-configuration
and the rest of the things you mentioned (validating commit
messages, checking earlier PR comment contents) could likely be
performed as lightweight (node-less) jobs run from one or more of
those trigger events.

I'll be the first to admit I have basically zero experience with
GitHub-centric code review workflows, but I'll ask people in the
Zuul community who use it in conjunction with GitHub whether they
have any suggestions for checking some of those conditions you
mentioned (particularly the "keyword matching for merge blocking"
and "gathering ack's before merge").
--
Jeremy Stanley