[kata-dev] [Announce] virtio-fs released with Kata Containers support

Dr. David Alan Gilbert dgilbert at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 12:17:59 UTC 2019

* jiangyiwen (jiangyiwen at huawei.com) wrote:
> On 2018/12/27 3:05, Vivek Goyal wrote:

<snip>

> >> 3. Why real mmap operation is executed in qemu process instead of libfuse
> >> daemon? I hope the data plane doesn't not need to pass through qemu again.
> >
> > If libfuse daemon does mmap() in its address space, then how guest kernel
> > will see those mappings. So, IIUC, qemu needs to call mmap().
> >

> Oh, I know, Can we use huge page or /dev/shm?

Those don't help for this problem;   the issue here is that we need to
cause the mapping of the file to appear in the guests physical address
space;  if we mapped /dev/shm or hugepages instead then there's no way
to map the file through that - it's just a different mapping.

Dave

Dr. David Alan Gilbert / dgilbert at redhat.com / Manchester, UK