[kata-dev] March 2019 Kata Containers Architecture Committee elections are open
graham.whaley at intel.com
Tue Feb 12 17:13:04 UTC 2019
It is the pleasure of myself (Graham Whaley from Intel) and Mark (Mark Merizan from Intel), as the approved election officials, to announce that Kata Containers architecture committee elections for March 2019 are now... open.
The timeline for the election process is:
* Election officials approved by AC: February 12
* Candidacy open: February 12-17
* "Debate period": February 18-24
* Voting: February 25 - March 3
* Results: March 4
Thus, the window is now open for candidates to post their submissions. The process to submit a nomination is:
1) Review the responsibilities of the Architecture Committee members 
2) Between now and Feb 17 at 14:59 UTC, you can declare your candidacy for one of the open seats by submitting a textfile with your name (please put your name as the file name), reason for running and your platform/objectives to this folder. Please also send a message to the kata-dev ML with this same info, declaring your candidacy.
Who can vote:
Anyone who has had a commit merged into the project in the last 12 months will be eligible to vote. All eligible voters will receive an email with a link to the voting system once the voting period opens.
Fuller details of the election process are outlined at  and in the etherpad at .
Note, once candidacy entry has closed and we enter the debate period. We will be openly asking the candidates some questions around their candidacy. The community is encouraged to submit questions via the election officials and etherpad at  - get your thinking caps on now in preparation... we shall then filter, review, and choose a set of suitable questions for the candidates.
Please let us know if you have any questions about running for a seat or the election process!
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
Registered Office: Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ
VAT No: 860 2173 47
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
More information about the kata-dev