[kata-dev] Contribution to the Kata project.

Hunt, James O james.o.hunt at intel.com
Mon Feb 11 09:26:18 UTC 2019

Hi Javier,

Yes, there are lots of opportunities to contribute! ;)

I'd start by joining us on Slack/irc and then taking a look at the
following:

- https://katacontainers.io/posts/kata-containers-start-contributing/
- https://github.com/kata-containers/community/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

The best approach is to have a play around with Kata (try out some of the
more advanced options, build a custom rootfs, enable debug, try Kata with
Firecracker, k8s, etc).

Feel free to just come and chat to us and I'm sure between us we can find
an area that interests you whether that be PR reviews, bug triage, testing
packages / new distros / new platforms, writing code or tests, writing
documentation and blogs, packaging, helping to improve the CI, finding ways
to improve our process, writing new tooling ... the list of opportunities
goes on and on  ;)

Welcome to the team!

Cheers,

James

Le dim. 10 févr. 2019 à 03:09, Javier Romero <xavinux at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Team,
>
> My name is Javier, live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and work in the
> Network Operations Center of an Internet Service Provider as a Linux
> sysadmin.
>
> Would like to know if there is something I can help with on the Kata
> containers project.
>
> Thank you very much for your attention and sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> *Javier Romero*

James
---
https://katacontainers.io/ | https://github.com/kata-containers
<https://github.com/clearcontainers>
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3
1RJ.