[kata-dev] Virtio-fs support for Kata - updates needed

Mahalingam, Ganesh Maharaj ganesh.mahalingam at intel.com
Tue Apr 30 16:56:02 UTC 2019

Small update on virtio-fs status.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:04:26PM +0000, Mahalingam, Ganesh wrote:

> [...]

Vivek (cc'ed in this thread) who maintains all the kernel patches is working to give us a release based off 4.19.28 and that should unblock us for now.

>2. Config fragments patch is being tested and worked now by Graham and a few of us. That will land as soon as it is ready.
>
>Between 1 & 2, we can land them as and when they are ready. There should be little to no overlap between the two.
>
>3. Have a virtio-fs release off 5.x long-term/stable release.

Vivek is currently working to upstream the kernel patches. Once we land all our 4.19.x changes we can reconvene to figure out how 5.x will work. Things we should figure out then. 1) what version of 5.x is kata going to use.
Stable/long-term? 2) Depending on the status of virtio-fs patches upstreaming, we can work with Vivek a plan for kata.

>4. Move kata kernel to 5.x along with virtio-fs update.
>

>> 4.	Testing:  see https://github.com/kata-containers/ci/issues/137
>> <https://github.com/kata-containers/ci/issues/137>
>>
>> 	a.	Who is an appropriate owner here?
>
>Salvador and I are working through this. You can list Salvador or both of us as contacts for this.
>>

>> Happy to volun-tell people if necessary for some of the open issues in the
>> GitHub project ☺
>>

>> Thx,
>>
>> Eric

Ganesh