[kata-dev] Qemu 4

Venegas Munoz, Jose Carlos jose.carlos.venegas.munoz at intel.com
Fri Apr 26 19:03:28 UTC 2019

Hi Julio,

I think is sane to update to qemu 4 to keep parity with NEMU and simplify our testing with testing.

We have to check how it works and what needs update:

-CI
Salvador already has  PR to move to 3.0 that is looking to show any issue in the CI.

-Packages
I did a test to build qemu 4.0 with current scripts and most of errors are just mismatch of files that we list on the spec file. I sent PR to fix this

The only blocker is Red Hat

Stefan:
I see that qemu build for rhel fails with:
`glib-2.40 gthread-2.0 is required to compile QEMU` are you able to build qemu 4.0 with your rhel systems?

Carlos