[kata-dev] Virtio-fs support for Kata - updates needed
eric.ernst at intel.com
Thu Apr 25 13:39:55 UTC 2019
I wanted to continue dialogue around virtio-fs support for Kata. We are still hoping to get this into 1.7. I wanted to see if there were any updates, and make sure the tasks/gaps are well understood, as we are hoping to have features in for 1.7 by *EOW next week*.
See the following project for tracking this work: https://github.com/orgs/kata-containers/projects/16
1. NEMU support for virtio-fs: see https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/issues/401
* AFAIU, 4.0 rebase is completed (nice work ya’l!), and we have an initial hypervisor binary available for basic testing
* Have we gone through and done metrics run off of this?
* How are we packaging NEMU today (at the very least should be part of static now)?
1. Virtio-fs design docs: https://github.com/kata-containers/documentation/issues/419
* Who owns this? Can folks from RedHat help here? @Stefan?
* We are still working to migrate to 5.0. This is ongoing for a while and I’m afraid it’s one of the bigger risks at this point for 1.7 release. Once config fragments, , and the bump,  are merged, who is owning addition of virtio-fs patches, ?
* Ganesh: I assume you are working through the kernel upgrade and will do the addition of the virtio-fs kernel patches (can we put your name on the issue)? I believe there were some test gaps indentified between snaps and fragments. Can you please call them out here so we can get this fixed with higher priority/haste?
1. Testing: see https://github.com/kata-containers/ci/issues/137
* Who is an appropriate owner here?
Happy to volun-tell people if necessary for some of the open issues in the GitHub project ☺
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kata-dev