[kata-dev] About the future kata rootfs, qcow2 or nfs/vsock

Shinde, Archana M archana.m.shinde at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 19:32:52 UTC 2018

We have run the pjdfstest test suite in the past for POSIX compliance and
seen quite a few failures with 9p.
An old issue documenting this:
https://github.com/clearcontainers/runtime/issues/828

I think the pjdfstest will be a good place to start. Graham has documented
this process here:
https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/279#issuecomment-39437129
9

Basically one needs to run Kata Containers with the following Dockerfile:

FROM ubuntu

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get -y install autoconf git bc libacl1-dev libacl1 acl gcc make
perl-modules && \
    git clone https://github.com/pjd/pjdfstest.git && \
    cd pjdfstest && \
    autoreconf -ifs && \
    ./configure && \
    make

# and run using
#    prove -r .

That test suite does not include the fallocate tests. But simply running
fallocate(1) in a Kata container today, fails with "Operation not
supported" with 9p.

-Archana