[kata-dev] Documentation for stable branch releases

Hunt, James O james.o.hunt at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 15:49:09 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We're having some discussion on how best to handle documentation for stable
branch releases over on [1].

I don't want to repeat it all here, but the main question is whether we
branch the doc repo [2] where we keep the installation guides and
architecture doc. Currently, we only have a single doc repo branch so the
existing install docs would need to handle all the releases we create going
forward. Branching would be in line with our strategy for the other repos
and would allow the release docs in each branch to only need to document
how to install Kata for that particular release. There are of course costs
associated with branching and there may be gotchas we haven't considered
yet.

Please feel free to join the conversation, particularly if you have
experience with maintaining documentation for multiple release branches [3].

Cheers,

James

[1] - https://github.com/kata-containers/documentation/issues/234
[2] - https://github.com/kata-containers/documentation
[3] - please, no pictures of your battle scars though! :)

---
https://katacontainers.io/ | https://github.com/kata-containers
<https://github.com/clearcontainers>
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3
1RJ.