[kata-dev] About the future kata rootfs, qcow2 or nfs/vsock

Qixuan Wu qixuan.wu at linux.alibaba.com
Sat Sep 22 16:51:04 UTC 2018

Hi Stefan,

Now we found 9pfs performance is poor, we are thinking of other solution
for the rootfs of kata container.

As per the link, https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/279.
Seem you are doing about nfs/vsock optimization, and nfs/vsock seems
that can possible be the future default rootfs of kata container.

And I heard about qcow2+snapshot+virtio_scsi also. And how do you think
about it as the rootfs of kata container? And do you know how the kata
commumity think about this solution also and compare it with nfs/vsock ?

Anything is welcome and helpful.

Thanks & Regards
Qixuan Wu.