[kata-dev] CI automatic trigger is now disabled in the tests repository

Fuentes, Salvador salvador.fuentes at intel.com
Tue Sep 18 23:40:27 UTC 2018

Hello,

Today I disabled the automatic build trigger from the CI but only on the tests repository. This is mainly to make some tests before implementing this approach across all repos.
So now every new PR opened on the tests repo will need to be verified by an admin, who will be able to start the CI.

The commands that can be used for triggering the builds are:
/test
/retest
retest this please  - only for building failed jobs.

We will need to run the commands on every change that is made on the PR.

Limitations:
1. The /retest command will rebuild all Jobs (including the ones that passed). It is basically the same as /test.
     The command that is use to only rebuild failed jobs cannot be changed from the default one, which is: retest this please.
     So we have 2 options to rebuild failed jobs:
             1. use the: "retest this please" command
             2. go to Jenkins directly and rebuild the job from there.
2. The admin list can only be github users or organizations, so we won't be able to use the kata-containers teams that are registered in github. This means that all users registered in the kata-containers organization will be able to trigger the CI on every repository.

If someone wants to try this, there is a PR[1] where you can run the commands, or you can use any other of the PRs in the tests repository.
If there are no comments or disagreements on this approach by tomorrow EOD, I will enable the rest of the repositories to use this approach.

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/kata-containers/tests/pull/755
Salvador Fuentes.