[kata-dev] 答复: [AC][Election] Is this project progressing at a healthy rate?

zhangwei (CR) zhangwei555 at huawei.com
Mon Sep 3 14:56:50 UTC 2018

Hi All,

> Is this project currently progressing at a “healthy” rate? (Ie sustainable for contributors, while not losing momentum and interest from potential users). If so, how do we keep it going? If it isn’t, how do you propose we get on track?

I will give a positive answer, so far we’re doing quite well ☺

To keep this going, I think there’re several things we can do in following days:

1.     Keep it cool! The first time I know Hyper runV and Intel Clear Containers, I thought it’s a really cool idea, I believe everyone else has same feelings, a good first impression drove me to learn more about these project. So keeping Kata Containers cool can attract new developers. To keep it cool, we can continuously add new features from qemu/kernel/K8S to kata containers and make sure our developers always has something new to play :-p

2.     Stability again! To persuade developers stay in community, Kata Containers need to prove to developers/users that it’s a mature and successful project, stability is best sign of maturity which gives users confidence to Kata Containers because no one wants to put lots of effort to a failing project.

3.     Make it widely used! Which means more platform support, more hardware support, more hypervisor support etc, then anyone on any platform can run it in production.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you!
-Wei