[kata-dev] [AC][Election] Questions

Ricardo Aravena raravena80 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 23:22:12 UTC 2018

Questions, (some of them came up in my talk at the OSS)

1) I believe this came up before, but what are the plans to tie docker or
kubernetes container resource definitions/utilization to the specific
resources running in QEMU. For example, if in kubernetes we specify that
our container needs 2Gib of RAM how are we going to tie it into the Kata
configuration. Is that going to work seamlessly with hotplug?  Are there
any plans to work with the Kubernetes/Docker communities to make this work
seamlessly?

2) Looks like the focus in the upcoming year is to make Kata more stable,
scalable, adopted, etc. Part of getting more adoption is to support other
Hypervisors, so how soon (priority wise) do you see support for other
hypervisors like Hyper-V, and Xen? Which one would be next to support?

3) It looks like there are vulnerabilities that also affect VMs, such as
the L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF). In terms of addressing are there any plans
for mitigating these besides what the Hypervisors or VM runtimes (KVM, Xen,
etc) might provide?

4) Are there any plans to add support to make easy for cluster
operators/server admins to debug the VM?  I mean we can always attach to
the serial port but would be nice to have some tools to make it easy to
debug.

Thanks!