[kata-dev] [release] update on stable branches

Xu Wang xu at hyper.sh
Sat Sep 1 18:00:26 UTC 2018

Good job. Thanks guys.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 9:15 AM, Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com  wrote:
With help from Carlos and Salvador, the necessary changes are in place for our
CI and release tooling to be able to support management of both stable branches
and master.

As you may already be aware, the branches stable-1.1 and stable-1.2 have been
created and populated.  On Friday we made a release on this, as well as packages
on OBS.  You can find details on this at [1] and [2].

I haven’t announced this widely yet, as I’m first looking for closure on:

 1. Merge of stable branch documentation, see [3] and [4].  [4] is mostly a
    copy/reformat of the google doc that I received feedback on.  The PR could
    still use some additional clarity – please chime in.
 2. Updated guidelines for users on how to install Kata (stable and master
    packages are now available).  See [5].

This was a pretty tedious process, and I appreciate the efforts in getting our
infrastructure ready to support stable releases.  Please take a look at the open
issues regarding documentation and provide guidance.

Thanks,
Eric

[1] - https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/releases/tag/1.2.1

[2] - https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/releases/tag/1.1.1