[kata-dev] [oci] Kata representation at OCI

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Oct 22 14:27:32 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

As you probably know, Kata Containers is a voting member on the
Trademark Board for OCI, so one of our team members needs to attend the
meetings (every other month or so). In particular, we track their future
certification for runtimes and the conformance testing efforts, as we
need to make sure Kata is a good match for them.

Furthermore, OCI runs bi-weekly dev meetings around the OCI spec itself,
something that is good for us to keep tabs on.

Anne used to track those on behalf of the Kata Containers community, but
won't be able to continue going forward. The OSF could find a staff
member to cover that activity if necessary, but it would be great if we
had someone else in our community, more plugged into that line of work,
interested in tracking the OCI relationship and represent Kata
Containers at those meetings. Please reply to this thread ASAP if you
are interested!

The final decision shall be made by the Architecture Committee so that
the chosen person ends up officially representing Kata.

Thierry Carrez (ttx)