[kata-dev] packaging: OBS plans

Marco Vedovati mvedovati at suse.com
Fri Oct 12 09:06:31 UTC 2018

Hi,
I am adding some more details on the next steps.
- We should have in the next days a new devel project on OBS.   - It will be set up with the target distributions and architectures.  - This project will one day become the official Kata repo.
- For the golang components: we need new architecture independent package source and build instructions.  - For RPM-based distro: I can kickstart this.  - For DEB-based distros: volunteers needed!  - For the kernel: probably the current spec file can be used, but it needs some updates: https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/issues/211#issuecomment-426641819 . This is another things open to volunteers
- For the rootfs images/initrd: as James said, a discussion is ongoing about the possible packaging solutions:  https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/issues/219  Ideas are welcome!
Thanks,Marco