[kata-dev] Proposal to migrate to a Slack alternative

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Fri Mar 23 22:44:08 UTC 2018

We have globally available logging here:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23kata-dev/

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23kata-general/

I agree supporting that is a good requirement for any future chat solutions.

Jonathan

On March 23, 2018 17:30:42 "Adams, Eric" <eric.adams at intel.com> wrote:

One requirement I would like to see is that the conversations get stored
somewhere and are searchable. This is a limitation of IRC that forced me to
setup ZNC as an IRC bouncer that logs everything but that is only useful
for me. It is really helpful to search back through conversations on
particular technologies to learn the history of why decisions were made.

Thanks
Eric