[kata-dev] minutes: architecture meeting - 3/05
eric.ernst at intel.com
Mon Mar 5 18:02:27 UTC 2018
Wanted to send the notes from the call this morning, in case folks don’t know to check out the etherpad, .
We will plan to continue the discussion at the same time next week: March 12th, 8AM pacific. Will send meeting notice later.
 - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/katacontainers-2018-architecture-committee-mtgs
MEETING PARTICIPANTS (Add your name, company, email, timezone)
Eric Ernst, Intel, eric.ernst at intel.com, UTC-8
Eric Adams, Intel, eric.adams at intel.com, UTC-8
Samuel Ortiz, samuel.ortiz at intel.com, UTC+1
Xu Wang, Hyper, xu at hyper.sh, UTC+8
Thierry Carrez, thierry at openstack.org, UTC+1
Wei Zhang, Huawei, zhangwei555 at huawei.com, UTC+8
Julio Montes, Intel, julio.montes at intel.com, UTC-6
Jon Olson, Google, jonolson at google.com, UTC-8
Salvador Fuentes, Intel, salvador.fuentes at intel.com, UTC-6
Jonathan E. Magen, Cigna, jonathan.magen at cigna.com, UTC-5
Gabriela Cervantes, Intel, gabriela.cervantes.tellez at intel.com, UTC-6
Tim Pepper, VMware, tpepper at vmware.com, UTC-8
Archana Shinde,Intel, archana.m.shinde at intel.com, UTC-8
Carlos Venegas, Intel, jose.carlos.venegas.munoz at intel.com, UTC-6
Tao Peng, Hyper, bergwolf at hyper.sh, UTC+8
Jessie Frazelle, Microsoft, jessfraz at microsoft.com, UTC+5
James Hunt, Intel, james.o.hunt at intel.com, UTC
Surya Naredla, Dell-EMC, surya.prabhakar at dell.com, UTC
Tim Allclair, tallclair at google.com, UTC-8
AGENDA / NOTES (Please propose agenda here)
1. Handling docker swarm/compose up and network TC support: see https://github.com/clearcontainers/runtime/issues/1042#issuecomment-370087647 for details
1. The Design Documents (katacontainers/documentation #14, #16, #17)
1. Discuss runtime API ( https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/pull/32 , slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BZvRQdJUnSmaeaKgJPS-E9RFTFb7qsM7ybexSt4zxX0/edit?usp=sharing )
1. Discuss virtcontainer import PR: https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/pull/41
1. Virtcontainer API definition: https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/pull/32
* For agenda #1, didn't get a chance to discuss - will put query on mailing list and add to agenda for next architecture commitee meeting if still necessary
* For agenda #2:
* PR 14 is ready, while 17 should be mergable after taking review feedback into account
* PR 16 - given amount of detail present in this, it'd be best to wait for resolution of API discussion before merging.
* For agenda #4 - discussion of virtcontainer import PR: Didn't get chance to discuss.
* Virtcontainer API discussion:
* Xu gave presentation covering the API that has been proposed in runtime/pull/32.
* lots of discussion about slide 3 and what happens with proxy/shim/cri server: in the frakti example, the shim/proxy are implemented within the CRI-shim itself
* slide 4 APIs are mostly covered by existing virtcontainers API with exception of streaming and perhaps persistance API
* No resolution based on presentation - still need more information to drive decision:
* Need more information from Hyper engineers on what is missing from virtcontainers API (in detail), and we will use this as a basis for follow up discussion
* Will add a meeting next week at same time to continue discussion
* Drive to a decision of if virtcontainers will be the basis by the end of the meeting next week
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kata-dev