[kata-dev] Fwd: 答复: What to do about release versioning ?

Ricardo Aravena raravena80 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:59:27 UTC 2018

+1 on 1.1.0.

Live-upgrade is nice, but lots of people are starting to do more immutable
infrastructure. Bring up new workloads on a brand new server/cluster with a
newer version. Just need to document that 1.1.0 is not compatible with
1.0.0.

We see something similar with K8s and Mesos. It's pretty common with
projects with a fast release cycle.

We are running K8s 1.4.x and the latest is 1.11.x. We are not even thinking
about upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.11.x, we are just saying let's create a new
cluster and move all the workloads gradually. Also, 1.11.x comes a brand
new set of container runtimes.

With Mesos, we are doing the same, upgrading from 1.3.0 to 1.6.0
by creating a new cluster.

Cheers.