[kata-dev] Kata September In-Person Meeting

Anne Bertucio anne at openstack.org
Wed Jun 20 18:38:39 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Please see the note below from Kendall Nelson (OSF staff) regarding the September OSF project meeting in Denver. For Kata, we will have meeting space for approximately 3 days, and presumably there will be some cross-OSF project meetings as well. The success of this time hinges on participation, so I would strongly encourage you to attend if you’re able. In Vancouver, we were able to move through some longstanding topics quickly by being in person, and I’m looking forward to doing more of this in Denver.

You can read more about the project meeting at openstack.org/ptg <http://openstack.org/ptg>, or shoot me a note if you have any questions about attending the Kata meeting. If you plan on attending, please drop your name in this etherpad[1].

Cheers,
Anne

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/KataContainersPTG4

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to give you some updates on PTG4 planning. We have finalized the list of SIGs/ Groups/WGs/Teams that are attending. They are as follows:

Airship
API SIG
Barbican/Security SIG
Blazar
Chef OpenStack
Cinder
Cyborg
Designate
Documentation
Edge Computing Group
First Contact SIG
Glance
Heat
Horizon
Infrastructure
Interop WG
Ironic
Kata Containers
Keystone
Kolla
LOCI
Manila
Masakari
Mistral
Monasca
Neutron
Nova
Octavia
OpenStack Ansible
OpenStack Charms
OpenStack Helm
OpenStackClient
Operator Meetup
Puppet OpenStack
QA
Oslo
Public Cloud WG
Release Management
Requirements
Sahara
Scientific SIG
Self-Healing SIG
SIG- K8s
StarlingX
Swift
Technical Committee
TripleO
Upgrades SIG
Watcher
Zuul (pending confirmation)

Thierry and I are working on placing them into a strawman schedule to reduce conflicts between related or overlapping groups. We should have more on what that will look like and a draft for you all to review in the next few weeks.

We also wanted to remind you all of the Travel Support Program. We are again doing a two phase selection. The first deadline is approaching: July 1st. At this point we have less than a dozen applicants so if you need it or even think you need it, I urge you to apply here[1].

Also! Reminder that we have a finite number of rooms in the hotel block so please book early to make sure you get the discounted rate before they run out. You can book those rooms here[2] (pardon the ugly URL).

Can't wait to see you all there!
-Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)

P.S. Gonna try to do a game night again since you all seemed to enjoy it so much last time :)

[1] https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/travelsupportptg_denver_2018 <https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/travelsupportptg_denver_2018>
[2] https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Teams%20Gathering%2C%20Openstack%5Edensa%60opnopna%7Copnopnb%60149.00%60USD%60false%604%609/5/18%609/18/18%608/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes <https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Teams%20Gathering,%20Openstack^densa`opnopna|opnopnb`149.00`USD`false`4`9/5/18`9/18/18`8/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes>

Anne Bertucio
OpenStack Foundation
anne at openstack.org | irc: annabelleB