[kata-dev] [kata-release] release cadence, process

Venegas Munoz, Jose Carlos jose.carlos.venegas.munoz at intel.com
Wed Jul 18 19:20:57 UTC 2018

If we want to have an stable branch(or branches)

Some thinks will need to define are:

Given that we break the compatibility very easy ( I think now is broken) maintain each version serie (1.1.x , 1.2.x.,  etc) will increase our maintenance efforts.

Do we want to maintain every new release we do ? Or should we pick only one and define a time to be maintained (6 months , 1 yr)?

Having more than one branch we maintain we will need to rework the packaging provision.

-          Does OBS supports multiples channels  to have an stable or edge or testing? If not will need to create a new repository every time we do a new release?

-          Also will need to fix the packaging scripts to make them easy to package any kata version.  Today is need to update the the scripts if there are new dependencies or new files provided in a package.

-          The same applies to snap, I think will be more easy to maintain this.

-
Carlos