[kata-dev] Kata Mission Statement

Anne Bertucio anne at openstack.org
Mon Jul 16 18:09:20 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On the Architecture Committee call today, I brought up the creation of a mission statement for Kata Containers. The idea of a mission statement is to be a succinct expression of what this project aims to do and any critical principles driving our work.

Process:
The Zuul community found that this process[1] worked quite well for them. The TL;DR:
1. Generate ideas and share feedback for set time period (they did one week) (open GitHub issue here[2])
2. The [Kata Arch Committee] and Foundation team have a veto on suggestions
(This is to lean on our community leadership and the Foundation marketing team for their expertise in avoiding statements that might come back to bite us later, etc)
3. Run a vote for the final choice if there isn’t a clear winning amongst the community

Thoughts? Ideas?

[1] http://lists.zuul-ci.org/pipermail/zuul-discuss/2018-May/000394.html <http://lists.zuul-ci.org/pipermail/zuul-discuss/2018-May/000394.html>
[2] https://github.com/kata-containers/community/issues/47 <https://github.com/kata-containers/community/issues/47>

Anne Bertucio