[kata-dev] Updates from 2/21 Arch Meeting

Anne Bertucio anne at openstack.org
Thu Feb 22 17:09:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Two things to be aware of if you weren’t able to join yesterday’s Architecture Committee meeting:

Moving forward with the virtcontainers proposal! (https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/33 <https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/33>
	Next step is to start outlining this architecture (happening in Issue 33) and move virtcontainers into kata-containers.

CI update: Jenkins is up and running (thanks, Eric!), but the group talked about some of the downsides to Jenkins and alternatives. One option would be Zuul. If we go the Zuul route, the OpenStack Infra team has offered to run jobs for us. For now, Jenkins is running and we’re not at the scale to see some of the issues, so we’ll stay here and add this to the in-person agenda in Vancouver in May.

The next Arch meeting is March 5 at 8am Pacific.

Cheers,
Anne Bertucio
anne at openstack.org | irc: annabelleB