[kata-dev] Kata Containers CI

Fuentes, Salvador salvador.fuentes at intel.com
Fri Feb 16 19:38:30 UTC 2018

Hi all,

This week I enabled the Jenkins instance that will be verifying the PRs we raise in the Kata Containers repos.
You can head to the instance at: http://kata-jenkins-ci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com/

I have created jobs that are currently checking  the `tests` and `runtime` repository. In the coming days I will be creating more jobs for the rest of the components.

Currently what we do in these Jenkins jobs is to setup the Kata Containers environment with latest changes in an Ubuntu 16.04 VM instance at Azure and execute the docker integration tests.
All the CI scripts are located in the https://github.com/kata-containers/tests repository.

Right now we have some instabilities issues with the results of the tests due to some random failures. I have opened https://github.com/kata-containers/runtime/issues/35 and after fixing this, we should have an stable CI.

We well be continue working on enabling more distros and tests into this CI.
Next steps:
- Add jobs for the rest of the Kata Containers Components.
- Add kata-containers-runv runtime in the tests.
- Add other distros in addition to Ubuntu 16.04.
- Add CRI-O, k8s and Openshift tests

Any question, suggestion or comment is more than welcome.

Thanks, Regards.
Salvador Fuentes.