[kata-dev] Secure Container Isolation in Kubernetes

Tim Allclair tallclair at google.com
Tue Feb 13 03:43:08 UTC 2018

I am overdue to give an update of the work i've been doing around secure
isolation in Kubernetes.

This document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QQ5u1RBDLXWvC8K3pscTtTRThsOeBSts_imYEoRyw8A/edit?usp=sharing>
captures
much of my current understanding of the space. To quote the goals of this
document:

* 1. Define the specific problems we are trying to address with secure
isolation.2. Develop common terminology & understanding of the problem &
solution space.3. Capture all the requirements, considerations, notes,
resources, and discussions around Kubernetes secure isolation in single
place to defrag isolation discussions.4. Provide a structure for evaluating
potential solutions.*
This is *not* a solution proposal, but I am hoping that it will provide a
smooth path for follow up discussions and lead to a widely accepted
solution.

I will be presenting this document at the sig-node community meeting
<https://github.com/kubernetes/community/tree/master/sig-node> on 02-13
(tomorrow), and am hoping to discuss it in more detail in sig-node on 02-20
and sig-auth on 02-21. Please join the discussion in any meetings or
comments on the doc.

Thank you,

Tim Allclair
@tallclair