[kata-dev] 答复: [Announce] virtio-fs released with Kata Containers?support

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 16:32:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 02:19:26AM +0000, zhangwei (CR) wrote:
> Virtio-fs is in RFC state, it could be OK as long as it doesn't have native gap for supporting live migration,  and I will be glad to see it being listed in some roadmap.

Migration is always good to have at the QEMU level, so I'm sure we'll
look into it more deeply.

It's tricky when sharing local file systems because the
destination host must have access to the same files in order for
migration to be possible.  One approach is to carefully copy the files
during live migration.  The  file system daemon must also migrate its
state (e.g. open files and handles).  It's non-trivial but can be done
with enough development effort.

Stefan