[kata-dev] [AC] Arch Committee Election: Q&A period open!

Kaly Xin Kaly.Xin at arm.com
Wed Aug 29 10:30:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

Q: What is the most important thing (be it an integration, a particular feature, adopting a policy, etc) Kata Containers needs to achieve in the next year and how should we get there?

A: In my opinion, next year will be a year of rapid growth for Kata Containers. The most important thing Kata Containers needs to achieve is to improve the project from 4 aspects in cloud – Orchestration, Compute, Network, Storage.

  1.  Orchestration: Integration with Kubernetes as much as possible which may generate a mature and usable model in cloud native ecosystem.
  2.  Compute : Cover the density and general performance profiling, there might be more bugs and improvements to show up.
  3.  Network: More CNI plugins support and better CNI adoptions.
  4.  Storage: CSI integration with Kata.
For other aspects I could think of:

  1.  The CI infrastructure/tool to be finalized and stabilized, CI for multi-arch to be supported.
  2.  Consider new application scenario, for example NFV which could involve both Kubernetes and Kata and try to get new requirement from it.

This is an open, friendly community and full of vitality. 😊 We look forward to driving these changes together, so the Kata-containers project can reach its full potential!

Thanks
Kaly