[kata-dev] Declaring candidacy for Eric Ernst

Ernst, Eric eric.ernst at intel.com
Fri Aug 24 18:54:30 UTC 2018

Hey Katazens,

I would like to throw my hat into the ring as well!  I’ve enjoyed the kat-herding so far, and look forward to plenty more opportunities to contribute to the project.

Thanks for considering.

-Eric

--
Background:

I am a senior software engineer in Intel's Open Source Technology Center, acting both as a contributor
as well as a technical lead for the Intel-team contributing to Kata Containers. Before Kata, I spent time working
on Clear Containers, and prior to that spent a few years working on Linux kernel.

Since the initial discussions of creating Kata started I have been an active contributor and advocate for the
project, both in code and in the greater Kata community/ecosystem. While I do work within
a silicon company, one of my primary goals for helping guide Kata has been developing a neutral and
diverse contribution base. Aside from having a stable, compatible, and viable technical basis for the
project, I think a healthy and robust community is key to sustained success.

For me, working with end-users to understand use cases and seeing how Kata can be part of their solution
is very exciting. I think this will be a big part of Kata as we continue to move forward. In addition,
continued focus on scaling, ecosystem integration, performance, security and stability will be key to meeting
user needs.  I've also been focusing on making sure Kata fits into Kubernetes and the rest of the ecosystem, which
Has been evolving over time.  There is a lot to focus on!

The journey to Kata 1.2 has been great, and I look forward to continuing to contribute to the project.